Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq p6910F
Linux

My older model HP Compaq 6910p completely turned off by it self, It would start and go past the bios and try to load but it never does. I tried all the diagnostic from the bios which found nothing wrong. I replaced the ram and Hard drive and tried to create a new installment. It does the exact same thing it took up to 3 hours and still did not load anything after the Grub menus

does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to solve this problem?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

you may be able to recover from a windows boot disk. remember windows comes after the grub.
past that you may find a linux forum more resourceful.

Humble Opinion.
Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

yes, so you have a dual installation of windows and linux.  the grub loader preceeds the windows boot loader.  you have mis configured the windows boot loader.

Honest Opinion.

Regards

HP Recommended

you may be able to recover from a windows boot disk. remember windows comes after the grub.
past that you may find a linux forum more resourceful.

Humble Opinion.
Best Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.