Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
elitebook 8540p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to remove Infineon TPM Professional Package from Windows 7 for the Win10 upgrade unsuccessfully.

Also I have tried to remove Infineon TPM Professional Package to install the upgrade to no avail.

, I am unable to upgrade on one of my PC’s that has all system requirements for upgrade due to message “infineon tpm professional package is preventing installation of Win10” and too remove it manually.

I have tried pretty much everything I know without causing further issue like random uninstall programs and or Safemode etc unless I really have to.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You are trying to install Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Yes, and I can't!

system asks me to remove TPM. This file is not findable on my computer...

HP Recommended

TPM is related to encryption. Did you set up BitLocker? I don't use BitLocker so I can't offer a solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reaction, but I'm not using bitlocker, which, by the way, is not available on Windows 7 Pro.

but the installation program for windows 10  asks me to remove" Infineon TPM Professional Package".

Since I'm can find this app on the computer I can't upgrade.....

HP Recommended

my reaction?

don't you mean response?

I do many clean installations of Windows 10 and I have never run into this problem.

I suggest you do the a clean installation instead of upgrade.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.