Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

...folder called system.sav in the C:\ (root) directory. In this folder you will find a file called CIA.INI...

Here in the UK system.sav exists in C:\ but no CIA or FBI files. Not even a MI5 file :Wink: No worries. 

HP Recommended
Mine was a recovery USB key from HP Ireland, so I guess it may have been a US image. You could try looking for an SIS folder instead 😉 At least it's not a virus as some were suggesting. 🤔 Now I can get on with enjoying my new lappy. 🤓
HP Recommended
To add that upgrading the SSD to the 950pro is an amazing upgrade. I now get 4x the data transfer speeds according to the Samsung disk magician. 🤓
HP Recommended

So if this is 'nothing' can we get rid of it and that other CIA thing without any harm? If this is a joke, it is sick, illegal, and the Microsoft or HP jerk who made it, needs to be fired.

I put in a new harddrive, got a Windows 10 recovery USB stick from HP and got the same message. it hadn't even connected to the internet yet. Still not entirely sure if it is safe to even start using. If HP support is reading this, they need to find out why their recovery sticks have this bug on them and then they need to fire the culprit immediately. In this day and age, you don't 'joke' about something like that. 

HP Recommended
I purchased an HP "Gold" Pavilion- and after multiple "blue Screens saying, """oops..." I THINK laptop srable-. But I noticed today, a Windows.old file - I have not reinstalled windows although I HATE win10 & would live to put win8.1 on...

Today, my entire network is acting up yet again- and in going through some system logs-
I have the following open in notepad:

CIA_PASS.ink

[FBIState]
Numbers...
Then
System.sav\FBI\STATE.ini

Could these acronyms stand for something else?

FrameBufferImage???
HP Recommended

FBI likely stands for "File Based Installer" as seen in the top left of this picture.

20170316_101251.jpg

HP Recommended

Well it is happening to me also. HP is crap when it comes to recovery. I have had too many problems with trying to refresh or install. Why cannnot HP give $1.50 worth of disks so the customer has a way to recover. The recovery partitions are always corrupted.

HP Recommended
Why is it that the name Andy is listed as the author for the file on my hp is named Andy and the same guy trying to tell us it's not the FBI or cia trying to follow us signed his post as Andy. Seems suspicious to me.
HP Recommended
Indeed i have a fresh screenshot of the FBI Debug mode if youd like.

Anything on this yet?
HP Recommended

Isnt FBI short for File Base Install?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.