Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 - 15-Ch009ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since last week screen rotation is not working; The problem started after a pushed update from HP (HID...something). Could not roll it back with windows update nor system restore.  

Then tried all suggestions from https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-Screen-Rotation-button-g...

The other websites...change registry entries, disable sensors and last resort I did a clean install 

Finally I think I pinned the problem down to the Intel Virtual Buttons: if I uninstall from device manager and restart all is fine (screen rotates). This is true until I connect to the Internet and drivers are automatically downloaded-the screen turns back to the notRotated. If I perform this in tent mode its easy to see when drivers are downloaded as the screen flicks up-side-down...

Tried different Virtual Button Drivers but no luck

Automatic from device manager

sp79286

sp81189

sp84482

sp91480

sp92026

What more can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Verentje,

Did you manage to resolve this problem? I have an hp spectre x360 ae013dx an have the same issue after this update.

Its suprising HP has not commented on this thread.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem and I thought it was the sensors. The 2 things that can fix this is by resetting the device (hold the power button until the fan kicks in for 1 second then off) and reflashing the bios. I tried other virtual button drivers from multiple models and vendors and the problem still persist. My machine is the same model as yours (Kaby lake G with Vega). At this rate, I'm thinking of disabling the virtual button driver and make a shortcut to disable the keyboard and touchpad when I want to use the tent/tablet mode.

Also, where is the support, why is there no support guy in this thread.

HP Recommended

i am using the same machine and having same issues...

i contacted HP they r saying to send my pc for repair and it will cost like 490 Dollars and i think iitz a software problem ... i too tried recovery and other stuffs nothing works at all.. 

HP Recommended

I TRIED REINSTALLING THE BIOS and screen autorotation started ...

u can try this may be this will solve your problem.

HP Recommended

I fixed my issue by not using NoteBookFanControl (NBFC). NBFC messed the EC table, which causes some misbehaviors on the machine. Yes holding power button to reset the machine / reflashing the bios works but it is only temporary.

HP Recommended

Hi to all.

@RyanWidodo: Very good suggestion. I also used NBFC at the time where the problem started. I actually uninstalled it thereupon but the problems persists. I don't want to rollback my system. Do you mean the EC table could be irreparably damaged. BIOS Reset works only temporary. Any further hints for me? Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.