Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook450G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have done a fresh installation of windows 10Prox64 on this laptop which originally came pre-loaded with windows7 Prox64. I installed the drivers on the disk included. now everytime the laptop hibernates or sleeps i can not wake it up - the screen flashes several times then goes white. Nothing comes up on the screen not even the mouse pointer. i can only proceed by doing a forced power off and when i power it up works normally as long as it does not sleep. i have installed all driver/windows updates with the same result. Is there anything else i can try other than return it to HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI Loto,

kindly download and install the HP support assistant software from this link:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

it will help you to identify and fix missing drivers and also updates.

this link also contain manuals on how to use HP Support Assistant. make sure you are connected to internet while doing this.

if this doesn't work , you can try to reset your power options to "default" in microsoft windows system.

and at the end, as a workaround you can modifty the power options plan to avoid hibbernation or sleep mode.

IT engineer,
Team/Tech lead End User Computer team. Consultant at TATA Consulting Service and Tricontinental LTD.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HI Loto,

kindly download and install the HP support assistant software from this link:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

it will help you to identify and fix missing drivers and also updates.

this link also contain manuals on how to use HP Support Assistant. make sure you are connected to internet while doing this.

if this doesn't work , you can try to reset your power options to "default" in microsoft windows system.

and at the end, as a workaround you can modifty the power options plan to avoid hibbernation or sleep mode.

IT engineer,
Team/Tech lead End User Computer team. Consultant at TATA Consulting Service and Tricontinental LTD.
HP Recommended

Thanks Patravane. HP support Assistant did the trick. I ran it and managed to get my laptop right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.