Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPpavilion DV6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

my snipping tool   is not working ,  it     opens   and does everything exept      when i click to save  the selected   area  nothing   opens for me to choose from !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@niloc wrote:

Is it possible to do a factory  reset   without    the windows 7   disc 

Yes.  Some web-sites, e.g., www.ComputerSurgeons.com will sell you a copy of the original HP Windows 7 operating system.  Sometimes, the System Recovery disk is still available from HP Support.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

0K  if you dont know why  can you at least tell me   where I can find  to to uninstall  and reinstall  to see if that will  rectify it,  I cannot see it in programs !  is there somewhers else I should look ?   cheers 

HP Recommended

@niloc wrote:

My snipping tool   is not working ,  it     opens   and does everything exept      when i click to save  the selected   area  nothing   opens for me to choose from !!!

The "Save As" dialog-box should open.

Could it be "off-screen" -- i.e., displayed outside of your visible "window" ?

Hint: even if you cannot see that dialog-box, press ESC.

Then, try to close the main window.

Do you get a dialog-box stating "do you want to save changes to the snip" ?

If so, then Snipping Tool is running correctly, and that "Save As" dialog-box is "off-screen".

HP Recommended

I have   clicked  the save as box  as i said  no options open   for me to chose from,  the next time  I   try it I will   press esc 

and close  that particular  window   ans report back but cheers   for reply.

OK   update  no that   does nothing at all ,    I'm not sure if  you  have  grasped what I have said!      yes the dialogue box   appears   its  when   I  click the save  icon    it doent   do anything   !  I have  tried what you sugested   but when I  esc  and  close windows  everything   dissappears,  I have  tried to   take a screen pic  but  I.m not sure how its done or  where its saved I can find ,  CLIP BOARD !!!

HP Recommended

update  I have now found out how to do screen shot  and also   I tried  snipping tool   again   and  after   selecting   and  pressing the file icon,  I have just discovered it  appears in "paint"   by pressing   ctrl + V  together !!!!!!

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@niloc wrote:

Yes.  Some web-sites, e.g., www.ComputerSurgeons.com will sell you a copy of the original HP Windows 7 operating system.  Sometimes, the System Recovery disk is still available from HP Support.

HP Recommended

I thought  this  was the support group !

HP Recommended

@niloc wrote:

I thought  this  was the support group !

This is a "user-to-user" forum for volunteers to give free support for users of HP computers.

This is not an official path to contact HP, for either free "in-warranty" support, or for paid "post-warranty" support.

HP Recommended

> yes the dialogue box appears its when I click the save icon it doent [sic] do anything ! 

The "title-bar" of that dialogue-box shows "Save As".

The next line identifies the "path" into which the image will be saved.

Further down is the "File Name:" input-area, so that you can name the file.

Below that is the option to choose PNG or JPG or ...

Below that, to the right, is the "Save" button.

Is that what you see?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.