Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s- fq2002np

I bought a new computer and installed windows for a pen-drive and when I install it on the new computer it says I didn't find any drives. Please help me fast. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Sonless 

I couldn't find any HP specs for the model number you provided.  I found specs for similar numbers but all of them came with Windows 10 preloaded.  So, what did yours come with?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

On the website where I bought it said it came without preloaded windows. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@Sonless 

Thanks for the link and while I do not read Portuguese, I can read some of the specs -- an they say it came with FreeDOS.

Lots of folks have bought those to save money and they come here, asking how to install Windows, and I have yet to see any standard method that works.  You would think it would be a simple matter of making a Windows 10 install USB stick and booting from that, but that simply does not work.

If I were you, I would return it and buy a different model -- one that comes with Windows already preloaded.

HP Recommended

What about if i buy a windows key?

HP Recommended

@Sonless 

You would have to buy a key anyway because the FreeDOS computer does not entitle you to a free version of Windows.

What I am saying is that lots of folks have tried to install Windows on these FreeDOS machines and I have yet to see a method that works, otherwise, I would pass that along.

It actually would cost less to buy a PC with Windows already preloaded than to buy a FreeDOS PC and then go out and buy Windows 10 to put on it.

HP Recommended

OK thank you for the attention.

HP Recommended

I have one more question 

This intel is from the 11th generation does it not interfere?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.