Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 1215-st
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I got an issue. I had this BSOD twice today. I didn't do anything with hardware(adding RAM, changing hardware) but like a month ago I cleaned my case(I removed and put again RAM and hard disc). I installed all drivers about one month ago and they are up to date still. Last program I installed is Discord(six days ago)(except BlueScreen View program). I formatted this computer five years ago and having this BSOD first time. I tested my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic and there was no issue. What should I do?Crash_Dump1.pngCrash_Dump2.pngCrash_Dump3.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has two memory modules, remove one and run the notebook off the remaining one.

If you still get the BSOD, remove that memory module and replace it with the first one you removed.

Just because the memory passed the test, it doesn't mean the memory is good.

I have had 2 PC's where the memory tested out fine and I kept getting memory management BSOD's, so I tested out each chip and in both cases one of them was no good, because when running on the good memory chip, the PC ran fine.

Then I just replace the faulty memory module and threw it away so as not to use it again by mistake.

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply, but I have just one memory and it's four GB. Can't it be because of overheating?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If overheating is causing the issue, the damage is probably being inflicted on the memory module.

HP Recommended

Four hours of gameplay, and no BSOD. I will inform you if I get BSOD again. Hope my RAM was not corrupted!

HP Recommended

If it happens, the memory is cheap enough to replace.

You may even want to max it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.