Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx
Other

Hello! I want to update windows 10 but I can't because I am low on storage. There's nothing for me to delete items to get more free space. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive to gain more storage on my laptop? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Tim2021 

Didn't your PC come with Windows 10 preloaded? If so, why are you trying to force an update?  What version of Windows 10 are you currently running?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I am having Windows 10 Home. The reason why I need to update windows 10 version because my computer is telling me time  to update windows 10. 

HP Recommended

In this tutorial you can find some solutions when the c drive full https://www.diskpart.com/windows-10/c-drive-full-windows-10-1881.html 

1. disk cleanup

2. disable hibernate mode

3. run antivirus software because some virus may eat up your disk.

4. delete unwanted apps from control panel

5. enlarge c drive with partition manager software.

Hopefully they can help you out.

HP Recommended

@Tim2021 

In addition to the link that @Lucky0825 provided, there is a freeware app known as Wise Disk Cleaner. I use it every day to get rid of junk files: https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-disk-cleaner.html

With the combination of all these actions, you should be able to free up enough disk space to run an update.

HP Recommended

So you saying there is no way for you guys contact HP tech and ask them if they can upgrade my hard drive disk? 

HP Recommended

@Tim2021 

First off, you do not have a hard drive disk; instead, you have a 32GB EMMc memory stick configured to work like a disk drive.

Second, it is soldered to the system board, so it can not be replaced.

Third, HP is not in the business of doing system upgrades for folks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.