Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

It didn't work for me either 😞 !

HP Recommended

There are literally hundreds of complaints across the boards, and not only HP complaints on this issue. Not everyone is a computer 'genius' so called either..this should not be happening. Period!

HP Recommended

I have an HP8440p... as a work around I disabled the graphics adapter. The machine will no longer go into the sleep mode but at least I do not get the blank screen. When I close the lid the machine powers off. When I turn the machine back on everything that was there before returns.

HP Recommended

Update:

Updating my graphics driver helped, but after a day or so the problem came back. I tried updating the driver again, and it had been replaced by an older driver.

I noticed the HP Support Assistant no longer worked when I asked it to update drivers (I had used windows previously).

I went to http://support.hp.com/ca-en/ (your URL might vary Welcome to HP Customer Support )

and got to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads for my laptop.

I got a message indicating I should use Windows Update to update drivers and a Message in red with a Critical Update (something like an event driver). I downloaded that, restarted, and now the HP Support Assistant flagged a BIOS Update, which I installed.

The laptop now sleeps and wakes up correctly. We'll see how long it lasts.

HP Recommended

i have tried this....

The problem still persists ...

HP Recommended

nope its not a solution...

This wont work !!

HP Recommended

I had HP Tech Support upgrade the Bios and Graphics Card on my new HP Laptop [twice] and it worked till the first shut down. They are perplexed and are sending me "a box" to return my computer.

HP Recommended

HP Support on FACEBOOK just yesterday (8/5) said there is a new chipset update available from their drivers update page (I believe)..might have to search around. They asked if I had installed that because it should work. It was just made available. I 'thought' I had tried that but to now avail. It was too late though, by the time I had heard they had made that available I had already gone back to what I had which was Windows 8.1. Was afraid that after all the driver updates I had done that it would mess with my printer and other peripherals but they all seem to still be working. Sleep mode and shut down are now working in my previous version of 8.1 though getting prompts on my machine to update to Win 10 still from time to time.

HP Recommended

I have a Elitebook 2540p, first I had the mouse-pad issue. After the Windows update KB3081424 it was gone but I got also the sleep issue, so I removed the update and the sleep issue is gone 🙂 but.... the mouse-pad issue returned.

HP Recommended

Has anybody tried this?

Open Power Options > right side, click Change plan settings > click Change advanced power settings > scroll to and click the + sign in front of Multimedia settings > click the + sign in front of When sharing media > at On battery : click and select Allow the computer to sleep > at Plugged in : click and select Allow computer to sleep. > OK when done

(from http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/laptop-will-not-sleep.1732/)

My computer had the "wrong" setting when plugged in. I changed it as he suggested and now it sleeps and wakes up.

Of course, I've done a few other things and sleep worked for a while then stopped but it is worth a try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.