Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 g3

Good morning, I can't install Windows 7 Pro on an HP ZBook g3 because it doesn't see my hard drives during the installation phase. How can I solve the problem? Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook came from HP with Windows, I recommend that you use the HP cloud recovery client utility to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will install W7, the drivers and the software that came with your notebook.

Driver - Workstation portatile G3 HP ZBook 15 | Assistenza clienti HP®

I have attached the instructions for using the cloud recovery client utility below.

I have also zipped up and attached the W7 storage controller drivers below, which you can try and use for Windows to see the drive during the W7 installation process if you would rather try that first.

When you are at the screen where Windows can't find any drives to install on, click on the Load driver option and browse to the USB flash drive you unzipped the storage controller drivers to.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

HP Recommended

Good morning,
Cloud recovery client utility does not recognize any usb drive, how to fix?
Best Regards

HP Recommended

Good morning;

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that, because I never had a problem where the utility could not detect the USB flash drive.

Try a different USB port.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.