Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Everything is ok now. I uninstalled the apps and then reinstalled them through 'my apps/your apps' in the store.

But i have to be on a wi-fi(and not just any wi-fi-smartphone access points don't work) or a wired connnection.

The only thing that stopped me from refreshing was that i couldn't find the usb flash drive whch i installed windows from.

Thank you galactic.

HP Recommended

@samjambo wrote:

Everything is ok now. I uninstalled the apps and then reinstalled them through 'my apps/your apps' in the store.

But i have to be on a wi-fi(and not just any wi-fi-smartphone access points don't work) or a wired connnection.

The only thing that stopped me from refreshing was that i couldn't find the usb flash drive whch i installed windows from.

Thank you galactic.

Glad you have got it working OK now. The Windows 8 system seems to be designed for a permanent internet connection as a lot of its functionality is interacting with software servers such as Microsoft and Hewlett Packard to receive regular software updates. You can see this in the way that some Start screen tiles display bits of information e.g. news headlines or weather info. You therefore really need to have a permanent internet connection to the PC for it to work properly.

I am so glad you did not carry out a Refresh action as it is a lot of work re-installing your software if it is not factory standard on the machine. Just make sure you have 'File History' switched on and the Flash Drive plugged in so that your personal data and files are being backed up automatically at intervals.

Hope it all keeps working OK for you!

HP Recommended

i also hope so too.

Getting updates is not an everyday thing. So you really don't need a permanent connection for updates(this one is more suitable for the live tiles). Some of us depend on the usb modems for connectivity. I think they should rethink that.

HP Recommended

I was able to resolve the windows store and updates issue. I just ran the normal windows troubleshooter. Initially after the first search it didn't bring up any solutions but it did give me an option of running the troubleshooter as an administrator which eventually resolved all the issues. Am now able to access the windows store and windows update even on a dial up connection.

HP Recommended

@samjambo wrote:

I was able to resolve the windows store and updates issue. I just ran the normal windows troubleshooter. Initially after the first search it didn't bring up any solutions but it did give me an option of running the troubleshooter as an administrator which eventually resolved all the issues. Am now able to access the windows store and windows update even on a dial up connection.

Thanks for the update with that information  -  I will keep it in mind in event of any problems.

To date my Windows 8 laptop is functioning OK and I haven't had an further major failures.  I hope yours keeps working OK too!

Regards,

Ced.

HP Recommended

You're welcome. I just hope no other issues will emerge.

HP Recommended

store not working properly

HP Recommended

hi my pc store is not working

HP Recommended
My phone doesn't connect to store,I try several times what is the problem?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.