Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook 14
Chrome OS

I've recently purchased an HP Chromebook 14 and registered the new device online with the HP support site.

However, the dashboard of my HP online account shows a warranty start date few months earlier than my actual purchase date. I filled the form for correcting the warranty details and got an automated feedback this will be addressed within 24 hours but nothing happened since and the wrong warranty start date shows in the HP systems.

I was considering purchasing the HP extended warranty but I'm not really comfortable with that if the dates are wrong. For once I'm not sure what I'd be purchasing (an extended warranty starting from when?) and also HP does not seem very good at keeping their house in order (or explaining to customers what those dates actually mean).

How long should I expect to wait for HP to process my request to amend the warranty start date?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No feedback whatsoever from HP about the disputed form I submitted a week ago.

Only minor change, on my HP account dashboard, the warranty card used to have a "missing information" flag that has now disappeared. Still the dates haven't changed and do not reflect the correct purchase date.

Not the level of customer service that would encourage purchasing an extended warranty from HP 😞

HP Recommended

Hi @Oloap,

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

@

HP Recommended

Hi @Oloap

  

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

  

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding this issue, they should be able to help. Refer to this User Guide for contact details.  

  

Have a great day!  

  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.