Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Recommended Solution: Please visit the HP Techcenter To Resolve Diagnostic Errors that Appear During Startup

It will popup and say that the HP recovery manager has failed go to this address for more information. I ran all diagnostic tests and they all came back fine saying passed. What is wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fredreed2000

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

This look's like an issue with HP support assistant. Un-install it and then follow this link and re-install it again.

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@fredreed2000

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

This look's like an issue with HP support assistant. Un-install it and then follow this link and re-install it again.

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It worked
HP Recommended

@fredreed2000,

I am glad that it worked. As @Barachiel  is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Thanks and have a pleasant day ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

www.HP/go/techcenter/startup

HP Recommended

My battery is dead. I had to reboot at least 15 times to read your address. (It does not stay up long enough to copy)

I would like to know what to type in to get my model number etc. (Laptop HP less than 1 years old touch screen-largest keyboard I could get.

And then I would like to know where to get the battery-its number- and instructions an 81 year old who has had a brain aneurysm and has no current memory can UNDERSTAND.

My last computer-you just clipped it out and clipped the new one in. This is unreal-with the tiny screw drivers my old arthritic hands can not handle etc.

(And I have been on computers-probably before you were born on the 1401 on Wall St (Bankers Trust) In 1960)

And I had my 1st Apple as soon as they came on the market.  So I was pretty computer savvy having TAUGHT it with the Bd of Ed. But I don't know what's left.  Gerry Hill Albany Ga

HP Recommended

My computer gave me no warning that my battery was failing, but I did note it was not staying charged as often as usual.

When it died- it took me over 20 times of startup before I could read your address for help. (It did not stay on long enough to write it down)

My computer is HP Serial 8CG8115256. It has been out of commission most of the time I had it-because you told me I had to go to Windows for problems with my camera program (Pictures) and they messed it up-with a bad download of the WIndows 10- and promised, but never fixed it. They sent a box- and said it would be picked up. After many months of trying to get action out of them-I discovered I had to use a Windows store over 5 hours from me-and it did not take mailed in computers. I finally managed to get Indian Help instead of the same Puerto Rican-that was worth 0....and that gentleman, though with the Indian opinion of women showing through-and no empathy for the face that I had a stroke-brain aneurysm- and had no current memory- which is why I went to Handicapped Windows 10... did get a new version downloaded.

So now my Battery is dead.

It is registered to me HP Laptop 17-Bso37DS I don't know what else you need.

Just direct me to the place I get a bettery-and hopefully someone there can help me with the rest.

Ms. Gerry Hill  3311 Westgate Dr Albany Ga 31721 for the registration- warranty or whatever.

HP Recommended

Apparently you can't read. My top line-subject said I needed a battery My note says the same.

HP Recommended

edited ** -can you read that?  I said I need a battery.

HP Recommended

Well, I am glad they helped you. They don't even have enough sense to read my note. I SAID I NEED A BATTERY

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.