Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs015dx

Blue screen shows this your pc/device needs to be repaired 0xc0000185

what do I do ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR is a common Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error that appear with codes such as 0x0000007A0xC000009A0xC000009C0xC000009D0xC000016A, and 0xC0000185. It is also known as stop code, which appears when a system suffers from a serious hardware or software problem that it couldn’t handle and as a defensive measure, the system ‘force stops’ the OS, and you see a BSOD (blue screen of death) with error code. This may also occur because of the following problems in a Windows system:

1. Hard drive errors
  2. Loose or faulty wires and connections
  3. Invalid BIOS settings
  4. Damaged motherboard chipset drivers
  5. Virus or malware infection
  6. System file corruption
  7. Outdated or corrupt device drivers
  8. Paging file corruption

Below are the steps you can follow to fix the error:

1. Inspect the hardware connections & wires
  2. Inspect hard drive (Run CHKDSK Repair)
  3. Clean Boot
  4. Restore BIOS Default Settings
  5. Remove any Third-party incompatible software
  6. Run Anti-virus or malware scan
  7. Execute SFC Scan
  8. Disable, Re-install or Update device drivers

Hope it will help.

HP Recommended

Hi thank you, I tried all testing it shows all passed , now it says need a disk or usb I don’t have those ? Where do I get the disk ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.