Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP G56 NOTEBOOK PC

Edition: Windows 10

Version:1607

OS Build: 14393.693

Processor: AMD Athelon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10GHz

Installed RAM: 6.00GB (5.49GB usable)

- My CPU is always running high, range from 80-99 from everyday simple programs like Firefox,Google Chrome, iTunes ETC... I only have one of these programs running at ones, no other program is ever loading on the background i have tried everything, need help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HecReaper

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?

We can proceed when you provide the answers.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
It came pre install with windows 7
HP Recommended

@HecReaper

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

These new performance and reliability problems seem to be due primarily to the Anniversary Update (AU) that Microsoft pushed out a few weeks back.

This is not a minor update; instead; this is a whole NEW version of Win10. The previous was 10586; this is 14393 -- and the community Win10 forums are awash with folks whose machines, which had previously been running Win10 without problems, SUDDENLY developed problems either trying to install this Update, or after installing this Update.

You could check for recent driver updates, and if removing them fixes the problems, then you need to consider blocking future driver updates in Win10 following these instructions: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.h...

If there were no recent driver updates, then you can try this HP thread for addressing performance problems in Win10:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05207140

If none of those work, then sorry, this means you will have to live with continued performance problems, hoping that MS will eventually push out an Update that will fix them -- which is unlikely.

Sorry, but this is life using Win10, an OS that MS has said publicly is always going to be undergoing changes.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.