Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

No error messages, there are only 2 websites that I'm having issue with.  I can't get past the login page, I enter login info then it appears it's going to load a new page but flashes and then goes back to login page...and I've verified the account information is correct by logging in on a different hp laptop just fine.  In particular they are tax prep sites.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LadySql412 

Could be a number of things.

We cannot fix this for you - we can provide a couple of places to look for the cause of the block.

The usual culprit is the browser - try a different browser.

The next "usual" source is the browser security or your Windows security software.

If you are fond of your browser, check its security settings to make sure it is not "over protecting" you.

If you are sure of the site(s), look for a place in your browser settings / security to "allow" the connection to website.

Also consider:  If the sites are not known to the browser security, or if the sites have been marked as "suspicious", the browser security will attempt to keep you from "going there".

Still weird?  Try a different browser.

Windows / System / Purchased Security Software

The security software on the computer is less likely the direct cause of a website opening.  Can happen - just less likely.

That said, some high end computers include security software (Sure Sense / Wolf Security) that is particularly enthusiastic - it might be monitoring / blocking your websites to try and keep you safe.  If you don't know what that is, you are probably not running a system that includes this level of security.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.