Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I followed a guide a while back that was posted on Reddit that allowed the installation of Windows Precision touchpad drivers, and I used them happily for about a year. 

An update a couple months ago broke those drivers and rendered my touchpad unresponsive until I performed a factory reset and reverted to Synaptics.

The experience of Synaptics drivers have basically ruined the experience of my laptop for me. The inability to use any gestures to navigate backwards/forwards and lack of customization for three finger taps/swipes is a huge step backward. On top of that, the tracking in general seems terrible after using Precision.

HP; from browsing around the internet, it's clear and obvious that your users want a solution. Every review of HP laptops from 2018 and earlier mention how terrible the trackpad drivers are. Please provide support for Precision drivers for your earlier laptops.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mingshow wrote:

I followed a guide a while back that was posted on Reddit that allowed the installation of Windows Precision touchpad drivers, and I used them happily for about a year. 

@mingshow 

You installed a software which is not officially supported. Your HP machine uses Synaptics as default.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I’m fully aware the software that made my laptop usable isn’t officially supported. My hope was that you would recognize this was a mistake and correct it, as HP apparently has for their newer models. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.