Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 6570b Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I put a fresh Windows 7 on this ProBook, managed to find most drivers, but, still 2 things missing: one for something unnown with ACPI/HPQ6000, and one for Trusted Platform Module 1.2.

Maybe not very important, but, I like to make things perfect...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the ACPI/HPQ6000, use the following softpaq. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

For the ACPI/HPQ6000, use the following softpaq. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Great!

One more problem solved!

Now I've onkly got the yellow sign for the TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE 1.2 left.

And I cannot get into the BIOS of this great second hand Probook, I do not know the password, but, I do not think there is a solution for that?

HP Recommended

You may be able to get into the BIOS with help from the Enterprise side of HP (HPE) by contacting support. It is unlikely to be free.  There is also the slightly risky solution for that at some BIOS forums.

Unless you have a need for the TPM module it isn't really needed and not such a big deal. I say that because unless you can enter the BIOS, it can't be made available and used anyway.

HP Recommended

Yes, I thought so.

I have read about the risky way to tacle this problem, making sure all energy is disconnected etc, taking out the battery and something else, right?

Not something I an going to do right now I think.

Maybe later, if really necessary, should I want to make sure the ProBook will boot from DVD or  USB stick or so, I dont think it will do that now..

HP Recommended

You should still be able to boot from DVD or USB unless the previous owner made changes to the BIOS  such as disabling USB boot, which prevents that for security reasons.

HP can provide a SLIC file that would enable you to reset the BIOS,

HP Recommended

Well, all I see on F9 is:

Notebook Ethernet

Notebook Harddisk

Notebook Upgrade Bay

So I just concluded "no booting from USB or DVD".

However, I never tried....

None of these here right now to test it, what do you think, will that work, or not?

Should I go and pick them up ?  -:)

HP Recommended

Oh, I just learned that Notebook Upgrade Bay often IS the CD player, so, that will probably work, I will test later when I've picked both (CD and USB stick)  up.

HP Recommended

@Schaaf wrote:

Well, all I see on F9 is:

Notebook Ethernet

Notebook Harddisk

Notebook Upgrade Bay

So I just concluded "no booting from USB or DVD".

However, I never tried....

None of these here right now to test it, what do you think, will that work, or not?

Should I go and pick them up ?  -:)

A USB stick will not appear in the list if not connected before notebook is powered on. The same thing applies to a DVD. The bootable DVD must be in the drive. The USB stick must be bootable. I have been booting from both for years.  I use Linux Distros on USB and DVD with notebooks. Even my oldest notebook would boot from USB and DVD.

HP Recommended

Yess, you are right, I picked some up, the Probook will boot from a Windows CD/DVD, and, it tries to boot from USB stick, but, not quite.

I tried a USB stick with live Linux, works fine on my other Probook (slightly older), but this one boots on the USB stick but stops after a while, black screen.

So if I want to use that I will have to reset the BIOS I think....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.