Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab513na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following todays Windows 10 update accelerometer stopped working.

I've twice uninstalled then downloaded the DriveGuard prog from HP but on restart the same issue pops up. Reinstalling hasn't cured it.

What's going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Download the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

Download and install the x64 version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142 package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted  sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

Download the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81001-81500/sp81142.exe

Download and install the x64 version of 7-Zip on the link below.

http://www.7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open your Downloads folder, right click on the sp81142 package, select 7-Zip, select extract files and then click Ok.

Cut this newly extracted folder and paste it on your Desktop so it's easy to find.

When done, hold down the Windows key and press R

Into the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In Device Manager, expand System devices, right click the HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor entry and select 'Update Driver Software'.

In the following window, select 'Browser my computer for driver software' and then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

In the next window, click the 'Have Disk' button and then browse to the extracted  sp81142 folder you pasted on your Desktop.

Browse into the sub-folder InstallFiles, open the folder Win10, left click on the file accelerometer to highlight it and then click Open.

Click on 'Ok' and then click 'Next' and wait for the driver to install.

When done, click 'Close' and then click 'Yes' to restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi.

Followed your instructions & on restart no error message! :generic:

It look like that sorted it, thanks!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This version is no longer working with the latest windows update.  Is there a newer version of the accelerometer software?

HP Recommended

I've tried it with sp82228 (I have HP OMEN 15-ax200nw) and it didn't work, I don't have HP 3D driveguard in my program list) Do I have to have this exact sp81142 version? What can I do to install it?

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Hello,

I followed the instructions and now the error is gone BUT because in the first steps I uninstalled HP DriveGuard. This solution is in fact not for the software, but for the driver. At the moment No DriveGuard, No Problems.

Is this enough? Shall I consider that DriveGuard tool is no longer needed and only updated driver is enough to keep my HDDs secured?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello,

That's a good question. The workaround worked for me too, but it's still a workaround and i don't have HP DriveGuard installed anymore too. Will be the driver enough for HDD security?

Thanks.

@Ivaylo wrote:

Hello,

I followed the instructions and now the error is gone BUT because in the first steps I uninstalled HP DriveGuard. This solution is in fact not for the software, but for the driver. At the moment No DriveGuard, No Problems.

Is this enough? Shall I consider that DriveGuard tool is no longer needed and only updated driver is enough to keep my HDDs secured?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Completely agree with you, the problem IS NOT SOLVED.

This is just a workaround for having a working driver but not a working HP 3D DriveGuard -in fact the software is not installed at all in this way- and I am not surprised I do not get an incompatibility message from windows.

Moreover, this is an old version of the 3d  driveguard driver tha is not compatible for all the new Laptop series, mine included.

We DO NOT NEED a workaroud to just avoid windows 10 error messages but an UPDATED & COMPATIBLE version of the HP 3D DriveGuard software.

HP Recommended

Got the same problem, but this is NOT a FIX.

This is just a workaround for having a working driver but not a working HP 3D DriveGuard -in fact the software is not installed at all in this way- and I am not surprised I do not get an incompatibility message from windows.

Moreover, this is an old version of the 3d  driveguard driver that is not compatible for all the new Laptop series, mine included.

We DO NOT NEED a workaroud to just avoid windows 10 error messages but an UPDATED & COMPATIBLE version of the HP 3D DriveGuard software from HP.

If we want to aviod having any incompatibility message from Windows this is just fine, but it is not different from just unistalling the HP 3D DriveGuard, since unistalling the programme dosen't unistall the driver  at all (we know that windows automatically reinstall the missing driver at the following startup)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.