Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Called HP Support, as my Envy 17 only 90 days old. initial pleasant interchange with rep, as he remote scanned and admitted he needed "higher-up" expertise to address Win10 "app failure" message. put on hold for a few minutes, he returned with "bureaucrat boilerplate" of Microsoft is to blame, gave me MS toll-free # and a hasty good-bye. followed through with MS, after an eternity of answered "Robo-questions", finally spoke to a "real live person". no surprise when he instinctively responded with "HP's program, hence HP issue to address".  stands to reason, HP would ASAP code a fix, since the 3D Driveguard/Accelerometer HardDrive protection feature would invite future warranty claims. i'm keeping the HP app/program installed, just in case, and peruse this "discussion board" for official HP response/creditable solution. 4 days, now ......

HP Recommended

Nov 23/17 now, using win10 app uninstaller, restarting, then letting onboard "HP Support Assistant" program find "HP 3D Driveguard" update, on its own. restart as per instruction and STILL get Win10 "App not compatible" error message. obviously, HP has not found/re-coded a solution yet. (do they even read/acknowledge these "discussion boards"??). 8 days now ....

HP Recommended

Dec 2/17. after receiving/installing the HP "firmware update" (300+meg worth), thought i would give the "HP 3D Driveguard" app, downloaded through onboard "HP Support Assistant" update search, another try. SAME win10 error "app not compatible" on start/re-start. beyond me, how the "Worlds largest PC maker", can't find the time to fix/re-code their own program. 17 days, now......

HP Recommended

Jan 4/18 .. seems MS's (KBxxxx6892) cumulative update for build 1709, FINALLY fixed the "app not compatible with win10" error report. my Envy17 still lists the "HP 3D Driveguard" as part of control panel/apps, so i will assume "all is right" with this 5 month old laptop. Thanks to the Powers that be" for the recode/fix 🙂 

HP Recommended

After the last MS update to Windows 10  I get the dreaded error message that the HP accelerometer is not compatible. So I went onto the HP forum and followed  the instructions to download SP83846.exe. The program appears to download (27Mb) but when I execute it I get the following message  (and sorry for no screen shot).

" The contants of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify it's integrity, and try again."

Has  anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? This is a brand new HP computer purchased on January  2, 2018 - I did not anticipate issues so very soon.

I found the above solution helpful but when I went onto the MS site and looked at the cumulative update list I could not find a reference to KB****6892

HP Recommended

hi linda .. i'm not a "techie" and i hope the solution i found, wasn't "happenstance". i checked my update history for: "installed 1/04/18" was "2018-01 cumulative update for Win10 ver1709 x64-based (KB4056892)". The last MS update (feb 3/18) did not give me an error message. good luck - best regards

HP Recommended
Sorry to report, but it was the Feb 3 2018 update which started the error message to appear. Prior to yesterday's update everything was working.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.