Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello, Need assist on adding a Bluetooth dongle to my Pavilion laptop. I  did try....but it did not work. Device not found and need troubleshooting was the message. Also I really don't think I put the dongle in the correct port. I had to add it to my cooling device (port). Please excuse my computer lingo. I am so computer literate. Any assistant would be greatly appreciated. I purchase a Cricut Maker and I need the Bluetooth to add the machine to my laptop. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@GoneNutsFarms 

Are you really running Windows XP? If so, THAT is likely the problem because any hardware you buy now is not going to come with XP drivers, and modern Win10 drivers won't work on XP.

I've installed these myself and the ones I used came with driver disks.  So, I inserted and ran the disk, it installed the driver, then said to plug in the dongle (and USB slot will do), and it finished.  But, I am running Windows 10, now Windows XP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.