Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy notebook laptop 17

I'm working in Excell & I need to change cells to fit the text I type in.  I've googled it for 3 days & can't figure it out.  I'm 71 years old & I don't know what I am doing & afraid to click on anything.  I've done the Format, AutoFit Column Width & Merge & Center but can't get it.  What am I doing wrong?

REPORT OF CHANGES                                       Page 4 of U.S.S.  CHIKASKIA (A054)                                       for the month   1st day of  July,  19 45, date of sailing                                 from       to                                         NAME SERVICE NUMBER RATING AT DATE OF LAST REPORT                         16 Parks, Cecil B. 317 33 91 S2c           17 Pennino, John 275 72 79 S2c           18                      

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Easy way would be to make the columns wider.  Put your cursor at the top right of the column letter that is too narrow, and when it changes to a bar with two arrows   (   <-|->    )     press and hold your mouse left button and drag it to the right until the cells are wide enough.   Let go of the button, and the column will remain that wide.

If you don't like the width, either hit the undo arrow or grab the edge again and drag it where desired.

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I will try that.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.