Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all.  I have spent the last week trying to get some type of assistance to remove properly Adobe Flash Player, which they stopped using end of 2020.  I have tried on 14-15 occasions to remove the flash drive with the links adobe shared and everytime after supposedly removing, when I do a screen save or try to sue a photog program of various types, a pop-Up F i notification appears on screen and anything behind it is inaccessible including many simple programs like send, save and other links that appear under the 1/6 screen popup.  I spent 2 hours with adobe after 4 different staff said adobe can't have remote access or simply they tried to send me to a linked organization that you have to pay to get further assistance to either remove the program or continue to use it until the end of 2023.  This is obviously a rip off to millions of people and a form of extortion  who obviously like my wife and I on our computers had Adobe Flash-Drive and since we both followed Adobe's instructions on both our HP Laptops, we have had this pop-up appear.  The only way to clear is reboot the system, but if we want to use photo programs or simply screenshots, etc, up come the pop-up again and the problems continue.  I again today contacted Adobe Chat and they simply refused to discuss the matter further because they said they don't support the adobe Flash Drive any longer, but by removing it it has affected us immensely.  Any solutions PLEASE that actually work apart from the link from adobe to the 3rd party that you must pay for???  I have always bought HP products as well as others, but if HP can't remove this problem, then it defeats the purpose of having a HP that simply doesn't work effectively due to this past adobe product.  Any real help would be appreciated.  Professor Greg Keyes. (Australia).  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GJK777 

I'm no personally familiar with anything called Adobe Flash Drive.

A Flash Drive is a USB stick that you insert into your PC -- that is hardware, not software.

If you're talking about Adobe Flash Player -- I have removed that without incident in over a dozen PCs, so I don't know why that is not working for you.  See if anything in this thread helps:  https://www.komando.com/technology/uninstall-adobe-flash-player/769401/

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you WA Wood for correcting my mistake.  Yes I meant Player not Drive,  I have many Drives. 🙂  I have edited the mistake to reflect the true name of the past product.   Unfortunately i have tried to use the link you have mentioned many times and without success to remove the constant pop-up that is causing problems on both my wife's and my laptops.  😞  I will print off what you have shared and try to go steadily through everything in the 7 pages and see if that works.  Again thank you for trying to assist.  If it works, I will definitely give you a thumbs up. 🙂 ... GJK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.