Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion (laptop) 15-cs0079nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any way to change the fan to be on or off through software, an hp driver, windows powershell, or any other method while the machine is on?  I have tried MSI afterburner and SpeedFan and neither are able to modify fan behaviour. I am asking because about once a month my fan will destabilize and vibrate violently, which can be easily fixed by turning the fan off and back on again, but I am looking for a way to do this without restarting the machine or replacing the fan. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @AnoyingNinja .
If there is no option from the bios for you to turn off the fan then there will be no other viable way for you to do so.

In order for you to access the bios you can do the following:
Turn on or restart the computer.
While the screen is blank, press the f10 key to access the BIOS setup menu.
The BIOS setup menu can be accessed by pressing the f2 or f6 key on some computers.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.