Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530HP Pavilion - 14-bf013tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Does increasing RAM help improve the application  performance e.g. MS Teams ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RaghuKG 

The answer is yes and no.  If you're running only 2GB of memory, increasing to 4GB will get you some, but limited, performance gain.  If you are running 4GB, upgrading to 8GB is not going to do anything noticeable.  More memory than that will not show any performance gain.

The best performance gain you can get in a laptop that is using a hard drive is to replace that with an SSD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RaghuKG 

The answer is yes and no.  If you're running only 2GB of memory, increasing to 4GB will get you some, but limited, performance gain.  If you are running 4GB, upgrading to 8GB is not going to do anything noticeable.  More memory than that will not show any performance gain.

The best performance gain you can get in a laptop that is using a hard drive is to replace that with an SSD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks a ton for that quick reply. Even I suspected the same but was not sure. And moreover HP call support at least in India is patchy to say the least and is supported by inconsistent line, and not giving any reasonable analysis nor resolution. Was in fact really very frustrated, without proper support. Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.