Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ds0760nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I turn the notebook into sleep mode, all my apps are closed when I 'wake up' the laptop and login. I didn't had this before. Is this a Windows Update or driver issue?

I have already tried to search in my energy power plan settings (which is default balanced). The only settings I can do is changing the time when my pc turns automatically into sleepmode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

NickvB Try the new user account step either way,

And The following potential fixes could be carried out to fix VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR error on Windows 10:

1. Rollback recently updated driver
  2. Update Graphics Driver
  3. Run System File Checker at Boot Time
  4. Physically check the Graphics Card Hardware

If you cannot boot normally to the desktop, you may boot to Advanced Startup Options and perform a System Restore operation. If you can, then it is also recommended that you carry out these tasks mentioned below in Safe Mode only.

1] Update, Rollback or Disable Various Drivers

After booting into the Safe Mode, open Device Manager.

The main drivers that might be a cause for this particular file will be listed under the section of Display Adapters inside of the Device Manager. But, look out for issues under each category listed in the Device Manager window. So if you recently updated these drivers, roll back and see. If you did not, then we suggest you Update, Rollback or Disable these drivers.

2] Update Graphics Drivers

Now, the best practice for you should be to go to the website of your manufacturers like NVIDIA, AMD or Intel. Go to the section called Drivers. And download the latest definitions from there.

• You can get the latest NVIDIA Graphics Drivers from here.
  • If you use a Graphics Card from AMD, find them here.
  • If you are one of those who uses Graphics Cards from Intel, head here.

After the download has been completed, just install the graphics driver and reboot your computer.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@NickvB Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you create a new user account and check if that works fine,

if the issue persists, let's install the latest BIOS, Chipset and Graphics card drivers: click here to find and install the same.

If the issue persists, some users have reported that re-installation of the windows update# KB4074588 has fixed the issue, so please try the same.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Creating a new user account is not the best solution for me because I have to reïnstall much software for that. (Not everything is installed for all accounts).

I have already installed the latest drivers. Previous I had the latest graphical drivers from AMD (Because Radeon settings didn't open) now I have installed the recommended drivers from HP. Also I have checked HP support assistent: everything up to date.

I can not re-install the windows update# KB4074588 because my notebook is a more recently model. These are simply not installed if I search through eldery Windows updates.

Also I noticed that it looks like of my notebook signs in me again after I get it out of sleep mode. (Maybe not fully because Firefox can load the closed browser tabs again.)

Also my notebook will sometimes not directly will get out of sleep/standby mode if I press a key or the power button nothing happends. After trying for over 5 minutes it will boot. Maybe caused by the same problem?

HP Recommended

@NickvB We aren't using the new user account instead of the old account, we are merely creating it to check if the issue occurs on it as well, it's not permanent! that said, please try the same and get back to me with the results, good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello I will try a new user account. Today I got a bluescreen with stopcode: video_scheduler_internal_error. After starting up with the power button. (From sleep it went into standby) Maybe that gives you more information.

HP Recommended

NickvB Try the new user account step either way,

And The following potential fixes could be carried out to fix VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR error on Windows 10:

1. Rollback recently updated driver
  2. Update Graphics Driver
  3. Run System File Checker at Boot Time
  4. Physically check the Graphics Card Hardware

If you cannot boot normally to the desktop, you may boot to Advanced Startup Options and perform a System Restore operation. If you can, then it is also recommended that you carry out these tasks mentioned below in Safe Mode only.

1] Update, Rollback or Disable Various Drivers

After booting into the Safe Mode, open Device Manager.

The main drivers that might be a cause for this particular file will be listed under the section of Display Adapters inside of the Device Manager. But, look out for issues under each category listed in the Device Manager window. So if you recently updated these drivers, roll back and see. If you did not, then we suggest you Update, Rollback or Disable these drivers.

2] Update Graphics Drivers

Now, the best practice for you should be to go to the website of your manufacturers like NVIDIA, AMD or Intel. Go to the section called Drivers. And download the latest definitions from there.

• You can get the latest NVIDIA Graphics Drivers from here.
  • If you use a Graphics Card from AMD, find them here.
  • If you are one of those who uses Graphics Cards from Intel, head here.

After the download has been completed, just install the graphics driver and reboot your computer.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

sorry for my later response. I have set my notebook back to factory settings, hoping for better driver versions. It didn't work either. After that I tested another new local user account (without a Microsoft account). That account has the same problem. It looked like the notebook was automatically rebooting when in sleep mode after I think a half an hour. (The HP startup logo was visible on the screen and logged me in with all apps closed)

HP Recommended

@NickvB Did you go through all the steps I had suggested? If no, please do and let me know how that goes,

If yes, disable hybrid sleep using the below steps:

1. Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options
  2. Click "change plan settings" next to your current power plan
  3. Click "change advanced power settings"
  4. Click the + sign next to "Sleep" 
  5. Click the + sign next to "Allow hybrid sleep" and change setting to "off"
  6. Click OK

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, I finally fixed it! I walked through your suggested steps. I have first booted in safe mode and found some advanced energy settings which were not available outside the safe mode. I tried turning off hibernate and allowing activating timers, that did not work. After that I downloaded the latest drivers by AMD especifically for my CPU. (The drivers for my model had an update last week)

I was unable to install te drivers in safe mode, some hardware/device checks could not be executed (Internet connection was not available in safe mode and I do not have a network port) Then I tried installing it in normal Windows mode and it worked! I tested in on battery mode and while charging, also with my monitor connected.

The AMD Radeon settings application is also available again. Previous it didn't start and showed a warning message

HP Recommended

@NickvB Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.