Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5010nr (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10  Defender Security Center notified me that a firmware update is needed for my notebooks security processor, but was warned before I attempted to update the firmware to update to the latest version of the BIO's. I used the HP System BIOS Update Utility and the Update option has been blocked on my device. Also I am not sure of how to the firmware to the Trusted Platform Module.Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@KiteZero,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues related to your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post, I understand there seems to be an issue updating the Bios, so let's try and update the Bios directly from our HP support website as well as from HP support Assistant. 

I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Graphics card drivers for your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Bios update: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85501-86000/sp85669.exe

Graphics card drivers: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85045.exe

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the PC.

To resolve TPM issues after Windows updates:

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .
  2. Under Security processor, select Security processor details.
  3. Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

updated the graphics driver to the most recent version and the link for the software to update the BIO's is the same exact software I used in the screenshot, still will not allow me to update the BIO's. I could also used the link for the TMP firmware update software too.

HP Recommended

@KiteZero

Thank you for responding,

Your concern has been escalated to the R&D team

I'm awaiting their response as the solution needs to be validated by them before I could have it sent out,

To ensure I'm providing a complete fix, I may have to request you to wait for a TAT of 72hrs while I reach out to them.

And I shall keep you updated about the same.

In the meantime, please be patient as patience is a virtue 😉

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KiteZero

Thanks for waiting.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Perform step 1 in this document to roll back the BIOS:- https://hp.care/2iCzhMD

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey,,

I am having the same issue over here and it won't go away, tried the above-mentioned solution but with no resolution. I am using an HP Omen Pro PN#: M2T35AA#UUZ

HP Recommended

@KiteZero

Thank you for waiting!

I understand you've been patient & since I haven't received an update from the R&D Team to help you out, 

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.