Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-k004ne Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My operating system is Windows 10 and BIOS version is Insyde F.03.

On the Hp Software & Drivers Download website, there are no BIOS listed for my laptop for Windows 10.

However, for Windows 8.1, BIOS version F.07 is listed for my laptop as the latest one.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-k000-notebook-pc/6936206/model/7185540?ss...

Can I update it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ShreyansJ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @ShreyansJ,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums!

I read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you want to confirm that is you can install the F.07 BIOS for Windows 8.1 on your Windows 10.

It might not be installed since it will detect the OS which is Windows 10. If you try, it may give you an error message.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon.  You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!  🙂 

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

So why has HP not provided the BIOS update for Windows 10 if it is available for Windows 8.1?

HP Recommended

Hi @ShreyansJ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.