Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc0001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive just updated to the new 2004 ver of windows 10. I have tried the update the drivers for audio but i cant find the Realtek HD audio. Ive downloaded Realtek HD Audio and HP Audio Switch which using the HP Recovery Manager, but i still do not have the Realtek HD. Ive tried fixes that worked in 1909 ver of windows but they dont work in 2004 ver. Can anyone please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Since the update my microphone quality and volume had gone right down. After a closer look it seemed my input device (which was Realtek) was now 'Microphone Array Intel SST'. There appears to be no way to reverse it or uninstall. Realtek HD Audio seems to have dissapeared too. This is my second OMEN laptop in 3 years and every time there's a big Windows update there's always a problem with my sound afterwards. And it always takes months for updated Realtek drivers to appear on HP Support assistant or the HP website.

After further looking around online and on other forums, it seems there's a major problem with v. 2004 and Realtek HD Audio drivers which Microsoft is dealing with apparently.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Since the update my microphone quality and volume had gone right down. After a closer look it seemed my input device (which was Realtek) was now 'Microphone Array Intel SST'. There appears to be no way to reverse it or uninstall. Realtek HD Audio seems to have dissapeared too. This is my second OMEN laptop in 3 years and every time there's a big Windows update there's always a problem with my sound afterwards. And it always takes months for updated Realtek drivers to appear on HP Support assistant or the HP website.

After further looking around online and on other forums, it seems there's a major problem with v. 2004 and Realtek HD Audio drivers which Microsoft is dealing with apparently.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.