Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (8WQ34AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Is it best to keep the laptop plugged in when I am working from home (8-10 hours per day)? Or should I keep the charge around 60% (my Asus had an option to keep it at 60% when plugged in). Or let it run unplugged and recharge when getting low (40%) and charge to full (100%) or charge to 80%? What's the best way to ensure optimal battery life? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I charge mine to 100%, then run it off the battery until the low battery warning comes on, then plug it in and charge it to 100% again.

You can leave the notebook plugged in most of the time but I wouldn't leave it plugged in all the time because of the potential for battery swelling.

See this document for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Lithium-Ion Batteries | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I charge mine to 100%, then run it off the battery until the low battery warning comes on, then plug it in and charge it to 100% again.

You can leave the notebook plugged in most of the time but I wouldn't leave it plugged in all the time because of the potential for battery swelling.

See this document for how to get the most life out of your notebook's battery.

HP Notebook PCs - Lithium-Ion Batteries | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Many thanks, that's very useful😊

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.