Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Ts 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, i have HP Envy TS 15 notebook PC, everything was fine before system give me update message with time for restart (fingerprint reader work very well before). After recommend some updates of window 10 fingerprint reader stop work

☻fingerprint reader don't blink 

☻in sign in option window hello fingerprint, it show a message ( we couldn't find scanner compatible with window hello fingerprint ).

☻ in Device Manager, Biometric  devices > validity sensors (WBF) (PID 0050)  there is a yellow triangle! not working sign i guess.

methods i applied to recover fingerprint is 

☺ in device manager i click option update driver but drivers is up to date

☺ i look for window update, i tun on window update but i found green tick  it is up to date.

☺ i uninstall validity Biometric from device manager and install back but wont work.

☺ i install simple pass but it wont work for fingerprint.

☺ i uninstall synaptic wbf fingerprint and reinstall it but it wont work.

please help me out, i will be glad to you.

@JCRoswell you have same issue i apply that methods but wont work link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Recent-Windows-10-update-cause...

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@irfan417
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like a software-related issue, let's try performing driver rollback and check.

• On your, Key Board press Windows key + X 
  • Press M to open Device Manager 
  • Expand   Biometric  devices
  • Right-click on the current  device (yellow triangle)
  • Click Properties 
  • Click on the Driver tab 
  • Click on Rollback driver if the option is available

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

thanks for replying 
rollback option wont work here. rollback option looks disable here.

its shows device status 

"

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

"

HP Recommended

@irfan417

Thank you for posting back. 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.

Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run  BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@irfan417

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, 

I would suggest performing a factory system recovery will fix all software related issue.

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.