Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When BitDefender+ paid version  is installed and running, I have received two hard system freezes. I have to do a hard power down to recover from it.  I uninstalled the BD software and have not had any freezes in 2 weeks. I contacted BD support, sent them my Support Tool Log and they advised me today:

"After checking the system specifications you have provided us with, it seems that the processor's frequency is lower than the minimum requirement which is at least 2.0GHz (2000MHz). If you still wish to use Bitdefender, please note that these slowdowns are normal due to the fact that this device does not meet the recommended specifications."

BD minimum requirement is found here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9671/

It's difficult for me to believe that a brand new fairly expensive laptop doesn't meet BD specifications. Any similar experiences or ideas? I don't have any other virus protection or malware programs running.

My  HP Spectre x360 - 13-aw0020nr system is <4 months since I purchased it from HP and is as follows:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz

System memory
16 GB 4267MHz

System board
86FA 87.46

System BIOS F.15

Thanks,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dangerousdave55 

I wish we could help you in some way --as I agree that you would think your model laptop would run BD with ease -- but that is Microsoft's product and they set the rules, not HP.

What I can recommend is that you look into MalwareBytes Anti Malware -- as I believe they provide a free version that is fully functional for a limited time . 

I got rid of BD on my PC because I was getting one false alert after another!  So, I switched to MBAM and have not had those problems since.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dangerousdave55 

I wish we could help you in some way --as I agree that you would think your model laptop would run BD with ease -- but that is Microsoft's product and they set the rules, not HP.

What I can recommend is that you look into MalwareBytes Anti Malware -- as I believe they provide a free version that is fully functional for a limited time . 

I got rid of BD on my PC because I was getting one false alert after another!  So, I switched to MBAM and have not had those problems since.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I bought into the hype that BD was a top virus scanner. Again, hard to believe that they tell me my <4 month old system doesn't meet their specs. I'll try MBAM and see where that goes. Thanks for your reply WAWood.

HP Recommended

WAWood, what about Kaspersky? It sometimes gets better reviews than MBAM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.