Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I recently did an update of Windows 10 64bit. After the update, the brightness hotkey is not working. 

As I searched on this forum, I learned that other people had simulair problems with other notebooks. The solution that worked for them, didn't work for me. I updated my drivers, but the keys won't work. 

Does anyone have a tutorial for me that explains what I can do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Oi:

Se o driver gráfico estiver instalado corretamente, veja se a instalação do driver Hotkey mais recente resolve o problema.

Suporte a teclas de atalho HP

6.2.44.1 Rev.A

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Oi:

Se o driver gráfico estiver instalado corretamente, veja se a instalação do driver Hotkey mais recente resolve o problema.

Suporte a teclas de atalho HP

6.2.44.1 Rev.A

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

HP Recommended

Thanks! This worked for me!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

If the graphics driver is properly installed, then see if installing the latest Hotkey driver resolves the problem.

HP Hotkey support

6.2.44.1 Rev.A

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88033.exe

Sir, I used this and thw brightess button worked but my entire hotkeys get changed. 
Alt+F4 not working , It doesn't close anything and

Ctrl+Shift+Esc  not showing Task Manager. 
Like that, It is more difficult than the brighteness problem. 
please help me to solve this issue, I can't even uninstall the previously installed driver.

please help me

HP Recommended

Thanks, it works for me Function F8 (mic mute lamp) and F9/10 brightness well.

I do not know why HP does not update the device drive list for Windows 10 in the model of Elite 820 G2 repository.

HP EliteBook 810 G2. sp88033.exe

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88033.exe

BTW, anyone has information how to solve this issue in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, let us share it. Another Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.