Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to get past the virtual assistant to speak with a live agent.  

HP sent a technician to my home to repair the touchscreen on my laptop.   The technician was not able to perform the repair. 

In addition, the technician damaged three items of hardware:  the touchscreen, mouse pad, and keyboard do not work.   

Please have HP contact me to so that I can return the laptop to their factory for repair.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@1Stephen 

I admit this one doesn't make sense to me.

Ordinarily, when HP sends a technician to your home, there is a trail of paperwork, case contact information, and a case number that accompanies the visit, the proposed issue, and the repairs.  It is not a casual process in my experience.

Reminder...

Of course, if you do have any of that information, do not post it here - the Community cannot make use of case information.

Thanks.

That said,

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@1Stephen 

I admit this one doesn't make sense to me.

Ordinarily, when HP sends a technician to your home, there is a trail of paperwork, case contact information, and a case number that accompanies the visit, the proposed issue, and the repairs.  It is not a casual process in my experience.

Reminder...

Of course, if you do have any of that information, do not post it here - the Community cannot make use of case information.

Thanks.

That said,

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. 

Here is some follow up information that I should have included in my first post.  

The subject line in the latest email from HP.com states "Your In Home Service is Completed".  It provides a phone number for additional support.  When I call that number it tells me to go online and enter my Customer Service Order (CSO) number and email. 

When I enter my CSO and email into the system, it says that a technician was scheduled to come to my home a day ago.  The technician actually came two days ago.  The system does not allow me to provide any feedback on the repair, nor does it provide me with anyway to contact support.  

The technician agreed that he could not complete the repair.  He took the replacement touch screen with him and said that he would return it to HP.   He said that he would try to escalate the issue with HP, but so far no contact from HP has been received. 

Once again, thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Also, the technician removed the screws from both hinges as part of the repair.  When he put the screws back in, he didn't tighten the screws all the way in one hinge and the hinge is loose.  

HP Recommended

@1Stephen 

OK - Thanks.

The information will be helpful to the agent, though you will need to be ready to repeat it privately.  Agents do not discuss case information in this public venue.

I am sorry it happened - I don't have a reason and I wouldn't be able to discuss it even if I did have an opinion.  We keep our noses well out of HP's business.   I personally never discuss details on what HP does or does not do.

Know that our process of contacting HP on your behalf is not instantaneous - not even fast.  It usually works.

Hang in there.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.