Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Good shout Slipperman, this seems to have fixed it.

I'm not sure why this update isn't being pushed to the HP Support Assistant program if it can be independently downloaded through device manager. This might also be worth checking on other systems with Ryzen 2500U that are experiencing the same issue in case it's a new chipset update from AMD.

HP Recommended

I tried all the techniques above and still doesn't go beyond 0.38.  Also, there were Microsoft updates for the driver and they didn't fix it either.  What am I supposed to do with this laptop?!  I can't use it for anything but can't return it and HP is absolutely no help!!!  So frustrated.  Am never going to buy an HP product again, or AMD.

HP Recommended

Same problem and still no solution. Contacted HP service from Berlin, Germany and they want me to pay 120EUR for them to install new windows 10 as the ''solution'' to the problem, they just want to make any money from uninformed customers.

Never buying HP laptops or AMD products again.

HP Recommended

power supply defective

HP Recommended

update firmware still not work

HP Recommended

So, I've had a support case open with HP for 2 months regarding this issue. After a lot of back and forth and been told I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, it appears a solution has been put in place.

I'm still testing this, but I've yet to come accross the problem while on battery. Make sure you update to the latest F42 BIOS and test this out.

HP Recommended

Same problem! 

System Model HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw0xxx

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS up-to-date, firmware up to date!  This has been going on since before my machine was even sold! There must be a solution by now! Right?

HP Recommended

@TP52

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the computer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

product number : X7U84UAR#ABA

when i plug in the charger it stuck on 0.38 ghz but when it is on battery it works fine at full strength.1.png2.png3.png 

HP Recommended

@mitul-patel

Welcome to HP support community.

Open your "power plan settings"
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings

Either at that screen, or under the "change advanced power settings" tab, you can specify the differences between on battery and plugged in.,

On battery: balanced
plugged in: select either balanced or high performance, apply, restart the PC and check if it works.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.