Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

These issues started right after the windows updates, date of problem starting is September - 2nd week.

My pc began to ''lag at random times / fps drop'' but I just thought it was a temporary issue. After some time passed, pc began to lag too much on flight simulator even though I have already set ''high performance'' on both nvidia panel and power managements and even though my system requirements were enough to handle, yet I didn't max the graphics settings of simulator. I deleted the flight simulator while hoping that redownload fixes it. It was still the same. That problem frustrated me and I switched to playing League of Legends to distract myself from problem. Almost 1,5 weeks later, my league of legends wasn't responding right after champion select preparings. I checked my task manager and League of Legends was using 100% CPU. On the other hand my flight simulator was only using like 20% of CPU and processor speed wasn't going more than 0,98. Sometimes it dropped to 0,19 haha. I ran system recovery and still the same. I watched too many videos on youtube related to this issue and applied them, still the same. It has only been a month since I bought this pc. Please help. I think to reinstall a clean windows 10. Note that my pc wasn't damaged. It was working too fine until problem begins.

My system specs are: 

Intel (R) Core (TM)  i5-1035G1 Base Speed 1,19 (can be increased to 3,20)

Nvidia MX330 

8 GB Ram

Windows 10 PRO 64-Bit

(Laptop)

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@hakanR

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with FPS drop and performance.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, sir @The_Fossette. I did a reset on my laptop and deleted everything, then it reinstalled windows by my preference. This just fixed my ''League of Legends not responding'' issue. But cpu speed was still lower than 1ghz while gaming. 2 days ago I updated the BIOS. Yesterday, I switched to Win10 Home by removing Win10 Pro because I thought it could be a bug related to windows updates. Still no improvements. I will try drivers today. Thanks for your reply, sir. I'm really glad you are trying to help. 🙂

MY PRODUCT NUMBER is:

3H813EA#AB8

PRODUCT NAME is:

HP Laptop 15-dw2xxx

HP Recommended

Drivers don't seem to fix the problem...

HP Recommended

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didn't work, sir, unfortunately. HPSA indicates that all of my drivers have already been updated. i5-1035G1 processor still locks itself at 0.98 speed while running games but turns back to min 3,00 around speed after closing games. I'm also so sure that system requirements are enough to handle games. I did stress test and heats are normal too. All kind of performance settings are set to ''High Performance''  

HP Recommended

@hakanR

I recommend you perform a system test on the computer to make sure that there are no hardware issues on the computer.

Follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It shows me that all stages of hardware test are successful. So I can't see a problem as a result of test. I think that problem is something about software of laptop. You too have a great day, sir 🙂

HP Recommended

@hakanR

Thank you for the update. 

I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.