Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant said I had to calibrate my battery. I checked it and calibrated it, but it said I passed, although it said I still had to calibrate it. I did this again, and it said I passed again, but it still said I needed to calibrate it?? And when I came back to HP support assistant, it also said I had to calibrate it?? (I calibrated it at startup, having to take 2-4 hours). I took 8 hours in total but it still says I need to calibrate. What do I do? (It is working properly, but it needs to be calibrated).

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi @angery_user

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

The model name is HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx

HP Recommended

The product that I am using is called HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx.

HP Recommended

Manually calibrating the battery requires four steps: fully charge the battery, discharge or drain the battery, recharge the battery, and then run the battery test. Calibrating the battery improves the accuracy of the battery gauge software so that it more accurately displays the current level of charge.

Try the steps below -

Step 1: Charge the battery

Use the power cord to charge the battery to a full charge.

1. Plug in the power cord.

2. Charge the battery to a full charge, 99% to 100%. To check the battery charge, mouse over the battery icon in the system tray on the Desktop.

3. When the battery is fully charged, proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Discharge the battery

After the battery fully charges, use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics to discharge the battery.

1. Unplug the power cord.

2. Press and hold the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu displays.

4. Click Component Tests in the main menu.

NOTE: 

The purpose is to drain or discharge the battery, not get the results of the test. The battery discharges and the computer turns off before the test results display.

Selecting Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. In the list of Component Tests, click Memory.

Selecting Memory in Component Tests

6. Click Extensive Test.

Selecting Extensive Test  in Memory Test

7. Click Loop until error to start the test. Let the test continue until the battery is completely discharged and the computer shuts down.

NOTE: 

This test only discharges the battery and does not impact the memory.

Step 3: Recharge the battery

Recharge the battery fully before you calibrate the battery.

NOTE: 

If you run the HP Battery Check before the battery charges fully, you might get a false battery failure result.

1. Plug in the power cord to charge the battery.

2. Charge the battery to a full charge, 99% to 100%. To make sure the computer reaches a full charge, keep the computer attached to the power cord for at least 3 hours.

NOTE: 

The battery continues to charge with the computer on or off.

3. Check the battery charge. Turn on the computer and start Windows normally. On the desktop mouse over the battery icon in the system tray to view the battery charge percentage. Make sure the battery charge percentage is 99% or 100%.

NOTE: 

If you plug in your power cord and immediately run the HP Battery Check, you might get a false failure showing the battery is bad. If the battery is in a low-charge state (at less than 3%) you might also get a false reading.

Let me know how this helps!

HP Recommended

The white light flashed on, but it wasnt charged for 3 hours. Should i do this again but charge it to 3 hours? When I did it (didnt charge for 3 hours, but it was full) it still says it needed to calibrate.

HP Recommended

@angery_user

To ensure the battery gets calibrated properly it is recommended to charge it for atleast 3 hrs

Keep us posted if the issue persists

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still didnt work. I charged it for 3 hours, and did everything else you said, but it still says it needs to  calibrate. I had  to unplug the charger for 1-2 mins for something, but i still got the 3 hours of charge. 

HP Recommended

Please ensure the Notebook has the latest BIOS. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers and run a battery Test after updating the BIOS

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I took so long to respond.

I updated the BIOS and ran the battery check, but it still says I need to calibrate the battery. (It was a battery CHECK, without the battery calibration).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.