Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360
Chrome OS

Hey guys, for a while now, the camera on my Chromebook would work and then stop working. It has completely stopped working and will not load on the internal camera app or while trying to use third party applications such as Zoom. I read somewhere a year ago that there have been software issues but I'm not sure if this bug was ever resolved, From the looks of it, i would say no. Does anyone have any advice? This Chromebook is only a year old and I have taken very good care of it. This has to be a software issue. Any recommendations? Of course, the warranty just expired a month ago. Please help. If i cant get this issue resolved in the next couple days, I will be dropped from my college classes since having a working camera is a requirement.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Amberhuffman89

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you perform a Power Wash and let me know if that helps

Link: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/183084?hl=en

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.