Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-n231TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The name of my notebook is HP Pavilion 12-n231TU .

I want to use an external Monitor with my laptop .

Is it Pssible?

How do I do it ?

#Reason- Its only 14.5 inch display and can not thrill me enough when playing gamees with this little monitor ..

Waiting for reply

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you bro. It has HDMI OutPut 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can. The following link shows specs of your machine:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04168240

It has 1 HDMI port, this is very handy. There are many monitors around which have HDMI port. 21" to 24" monitors are very popupar. Just go out and buy one (please check to see HDMI cable is included otherwise you have to buy a cable).

Now, you can connect your laptop to the monitor, then power them up. Normally they will connect automatically, otherwsie hit F4.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you bro. It has HDMI OutPut 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.