Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 -cc187cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, wanting to know if I can download additional browsers to new HP 15 -cc187cl Laptop?  I just set it up, online and got anti-virus installed but haven't started downloading or installing some of my favorite programs.  It has Internet Explorer on it but wanting to add Opera and Firefox.   I'm sure it's possible but wanted to check before hand.  It noted originally that I may not be able to use some programs or websites without being signed up with Microsoft Edge.  Not understanding Microsoft Edge as yet and have to learn what it is.  I have a couple event reminder programs I like and a screenshot program as well.   Also, should I go through the play store as much a possible or can I go right to the program websites and download from there?  I tried to basic surf, go to Yahoo.com several times and it wouldn't go there.  I will have more questions!  Thank you for all your good info and time here!  You guys rock!      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can download all your favourite programs and web browsers without any problems. I personally usually download the programs from the websites of the creators of the programs. The store apps are also a little different than the desktop version of the application. They were designed for mobile devices, however can be used without any problem on the desktop. Maybe apps like facebook and skype, twitter etc... you can get from the store.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can download all your favourite programs and web browsers without any problems. I personally usually download the programs from the websites of the creators of the programs. The store apps are also a little different than the desktop version of the application. They were designed for mobile devices, however can be used without any problem on the desktop. Maybe apps like facebook and skype, twitter etc... you can get from the store.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.