Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may get an extended warranty on HP support line : 1800-474-6836

The ESP's you would get on hpshopping.com are usually for inwarranty products, if your warranty has already expired calling the tech support line will be the easiest way of getting further support related to warranty purchases.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello,

If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty.

if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may get an extended warranty on HP support line : 1800-474-6836

The ESP's you would get on hpshopping.com are usually for inwarranty products, if your warranty has already expired calling the tech support line will be the easiest way of getting further support related to warranty purchases.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this number 18004746836, it not working getting reply as wrong number. Am in India please provide me correct number.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please contact HP india on: 1800 200 0047.

for details - Click on the link below:

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have a hp Pavillion notebook. The manufacture warrenty expired on 11/26/2016. A tech told me in customer service that to extend the warrenty would be 139.00 for one year. I think that is too much for 1 year. At the time I didn't even have the funds to purchase the warrenty. But I have had to call 3 times in one year to have drivers updated because my battery adapter wouldn't charge my battery. Mind you I have only had my lab top for 1 year exactly. Very frustrated that I have had to call customer service support 3 times for the same problem (update drivers) I think something external is going on with the hardware but my manufacturer warrenty has expired. I was told I couldn't extend the warrenty after the 26th of November. Is that true? Do I have any other offers? I'm so frustrated. I spent almost 600.00 for this laptop on black Friday last year. I've always purchases hp devices but this is the first device that I've had these problems and was offered overpriced warranties. Please help with any suggestions
HP Recommended

Hi @jayjor4,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! Good Day! 🙂 I understand that you are looking for updating the warranty of your computer. I would be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Great job on diagnosing the issue correctly, before posting your query on HP forums. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It has been a privilege to share this platform with tech-savvy customers like you. 🙂 We greatly value your business with HP and it is paramount that the issue is addressed. 🙂 I understand the issues that you are facing with the unit.

Please contact HP phone support from this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Then select the country and enter the complete product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions on the screen to contact HP phone support to extend the warranty.

It should normally be possible to extend the warranty without hassles as the warranty has only recently ended. Please visit http://store.hp.com also to buy Extended Service Plans. (ESPs) that may be available.

Regarding the adapter and battery issues please visit this link for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640

For your satisfaction you could also run the complete system diagnostics from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259  There should be nothing wrong with the unit.

Please also update the bios and chipset drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions. (please do it only if it as not been done already)

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi David, thank you for responding back and for the information. The Bios update was done 4 times by Tech support. The issue was resolved the first 3 times but the week of Thanksgiving I called once again because when I plugged up the charger the device would not charge. So Tech support did the Bios update again and a week later the device battery was low and once again it states plugged in but not charging. I also noticed that it will start charging but a minute later it stops charging.
I went to the website as you suggested to update the chip drives but there are several. Which one do I install?
HP Recommended

Hello @jayjor4,

Thanks for the reply!

I would suggest you install the latest chipset drivers updated. The driver update date will be mentioned in the driver page. Go by the latest chipset drivers.

Please provide us with the complete product number and the operating system version if you want us to give you the exact link.

Thank you!

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi, thank you for responding back. Really appreciate it. The product number is P1A84UA#ABA
Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control (CPPC) Driver states it's suppose to increase battery life. And the others listed are for other reasons. Are you suggesting to install the 1st one listed which is
Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control (CPPC) Driver? The date is September 15, 2015. Please forgive me, but I'm kinda confused. I not knowledgeable on drivers...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.