Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a new laptop, and everything is great but I hate the **bleep** touchpad.  The two finger scrolling is frustrating when trying to scroll down large pages.

On my old laptop I was able to scroll forever if I wished, using 1 finger scroll in a circular motion.  

Even if it's not possible to get 1 finger scroll, I would like some sort of continuous scroll option here, but in all the settings I find absolutely nothing.  As you see on this image - 

I have literally no options to customise anything about the touchpad.

Can anyone help or shed some light on what I can do?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yea HP has made a gigantic mistake here. They included all these great Synaptics touchpad gestures such as chiral motion scrolling, taught everyone how to use them with great demos and practice areas, and then completely up and abandoned everyone by not including these gestures at all on their new models. Losing chiral motion scrolling (the best method of touchpad scrolling ever invented by far) is like having your left thumb cut off.

HP, please bring back the gestures you've always supported. I'm literally trying to find other manufacturers right now that support chiral because it's that important. I've heard Lenovo does and am hoping to confirm that shortly.

I feel your pain! A response from HP here would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.