Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY NOTEBOOK 15 - AH151
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last March I foolishly 'unintentionally accepted' an update for my AMD processor (FWIW  AMD A10-8700P Quad-core 1.8 GHz 2 MB). I went to their site and explained it, adding at the time that I thought it had installed extra garbage, stuff that wasn't listed. They linked me to a removal tool and it seemed that all had gone well.

Recently, i've been seeing an AMD Control Centre appear on screen telling me to (again) update. I've ignored it but am now fed up and I want to kill it off. The problem is that I've know idea which AMD programs on my laptop are these additional programs and which were preinstalled by HP. How can I tell please?

The two that stand out on my Task Manager are AMD External Events Client Module (atieclxx) and AMD External Events Service Module (atiesrxx), which includes AMD External Events Utility. TIA

New Envy 15-AH151sa Win10 IE11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Taffy0872014,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I came across your post about the AMD issues, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are looking to remove the messages to upgrade the processor.

You can try using the Recovery Manager, to check the software and drivers that came installed with the notebook.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

(I wasn't sure if I'd ticked 'please notify me'.)

HP Recommended

Hello @Taffy0872014,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I came across your post about the AMD issues, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are looking to remove the messages to upgrade the processor.

You can try using the Recovery Manager, to check the software and drivers that came installed with the notebook.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help, SDF15.

Now I know that neither of those programs were pre-installed I can safely remove them (I hope!) Much appreciated.

By the way, I've given feedback on that article: Was this helpful? Yes. Was it easy to find? I've said no because I wouldn't have found it without your help, I've suggested that the brilliant HP Support Assistant is the obvious home for the link.

(I checked there before posting this.) Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Update:  Revo didn't find any AMD and seaching for AMD in Control Panel>Programs found just one folder - 'AMD Catalyst Install Manager'. I tried to remove it but couldn't at the first attempt because it was said to be empty!

For anyone else with this problem, be patient - there were four or five routes to take in the removal procedure and eventually I hit the right one. It's now removed. 

As I said earlier "adding at the time that I thought it had installed extra garbage, stuff that wasn't listed." I'm so glad now that I was watching when it was installing and saw these unidentified programs being installed.

And another problem bites the dust!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.