Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17m-ae011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can my ENVY 17m-ae011dx project wirelessly to my old smart TV? 
Of course, it connects to Wi-Fi, but does it have the capacity to wirelessly project/mirror to my smart TV which is 20 feet away. 

If it can, how do I change settings to make that happen? 

If it can't, is there a device I could attach?
Apologies if this is a dumb question.  I've tried, but haven't been able to figure this out.  I'd really appreciate a boost.  Thank you for your time.  fingers crossed that someone will answer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Without knowing the capabilities of your "old smart TV", it's difficult to say.

Does your TV have an HDMI - in port?  If so, you could purchase one of the many available "smart sticks".

ChromeCast, FireStick, Roku, all have the ability to mirror what you send to it from a phone or PC.

HTH,

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hello, my question is only about the capacity of my hp Envy laptop.  I will ask about the capacity of thr TV elsewhere.  Would ypu happen to know if my HP Envy  17m ae011dx can project a streaming via wifi?  I have been unable to decipher the specifications and various youtube videos.  Thank You.  Your help in that would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Chrome browser has the ability to "cast" the screen to a compatible device.  Your laptop is capable.

If your device has "Miracast" built into it, I found this in the User Guide for the series:

Discovering and connecting to Miracast-compatible wireless displays (select products only)

To discover and connect to Miracast-compatible wireless displays without leaving your current apps, follow
the steps below.

To open Miracast:
▲ Type project in the taskbar search box, and then click Project to a second screen. Click Connect to a
wireless display, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.