Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17t-j100 Leap Motion QE CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) - F1J39AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All

My PowerDirector V12 comes bundled with my HP Envy Leap Motion, after downloaded from HP support website (because I reinstall Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809) from the link below
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-17-j100-leap-motion-qe-notebook-p...
I receive the attached message
"This is not valid HP drive, Setup will now abort"PD error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@O_Gad,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you changed the operating system on your computer?

I recommend you uninstall power director from the computer using CCleaner and then reinstall the software and check if it helps.

If you continue facing the issue, boot the computer to safe mode and then install the software.

Here is how it is done.

1. Press and hold the Shift key.
  2. While keeping the Shift key held, click Restart.
  3. Next, Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. Choose Troubleshoot.
  4. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced Options.
  5. Next, select Startup Settings.
  6. Press Restart.
  7. To enable Safe Mode with command prompt, press F6.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

I tried it but, I recieve the same message.

Regards

HP Recommended

first-Try to make sure you have the same model correct.

try the following then :

Run file as administrator 

If it didn't work, most propably the file was not downloaded correctly, Make sure to delete that file and download the driver again using another browser Like Internet Explorer or Edge where they have the ability to resume the download Even if it gets errupted on slow networks unlike some issues in other browsers where it would give you a fake file size where in reality the file was not downloaded fully. 

Plus you still Have the ability to download the software from thier Official website. Good Luck 🙂 Keep Us Posted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.