Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au023cl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please see here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-keyboard-on-my-laptop-inter... System restore is broken, and i also found that the touchpad had previously shown a 2009 error, but now it doesn't. the other keyboard does not show errors, but the built-in keyboard won't work anymore. I don't think uninstalling the keyboard and touchpad will make them automatically reinstall considering the HP assistant won't let me login, and windows update is not working anymore. I had specifically disabled windows update so it won't make the hardware stop working more and won't cause more things to be disabled and deleted (since it keeps doing that).

I also found that alternate admin profiles do not have wifi for some reason, but that is besides the point. i would like any help regarding re-enabling the keyboard. it appears that it is likely that the probable driver that is not working, is the same one that was updated, but it is possible that one that was downloaded is different, but was not all the way uninstalled.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

anyone? i had replied to my original post, but nobody has responded. I then added this post, but nothing.

HP Recommended

@JoshuaCaleb

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry! We are in your corner.
I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
The last thing I can suggest try and restore the OS back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue.  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was hoping there would be an alternative to that as it had appeared that downloading the keyboard/touchpad driver combo made the keyboard stop working after the touchpad stopped working following a windows update. As I probably mentioned, the bios being updated to the same update kept making the touchpad work again, so I checked for something else. Unfortunately, this update seemed to make the keyboard stop working. I tried to do a system restore, but it failed. I also noticed that system restore seems to be deleted. I’ve noticed at first that there is a touchpad driver that has an exlclamation point by it. At first had error dates to several years before I purchased the system. The next time I checked it, it was probably only since last year. This may be evidence that it is the same driver that I installed. There is an error on it but the only article that references it is related to windows 7. The device manager also shows a separate keyboard than the touchpad. I do not know if what I downloaded is the same as the touchpad error since I showed hidden drivers. Also, my system is hacked randomly by what appears to be automated and manually operated programs that are not detected, so it seems unwise to just back them up and try to scan them since nothing is detecting them before doing any kind of restoration or repair installation. I have been told by hp on Twitter that Best Buy can carry parts like batteries and adapters since my system is failing and I need to transfer data when it is fixed, but I didn’t get information about where as they aren’t on the website. Please let me know if you have other information.

HP Recommended

@JoshuaCaleb

Thank you for posting back.

You can back up your files to an external drive such as a USB memory stick or portable hard drive. Choose your operating system below for steps to back up your files to an external drive.

Here is the YouTube video: Backing Up Your Files in Windows and How to Restore Backup Files Created During the F11 Backup Procedure

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

cannot back up infected files that are important and need professionals to find the virus. That is why I ask for an alternative to factory reset, etc. I have tried to find out about this keyboard driver issue. Potentially how to fix it. It is questionable what it is. Nobody had even asked me to check the event viewer.

HP Recommended

@JoshuaCaleb

Thank you for posting back.

That's unfortunate. This requires remote assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further troubleshooting steps.

Please click Accept as Solutionif you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.