Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
T5-bw054sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my laptop after replacing the hard drive with an SSD, but the laptop will not boot from the Windows 10 install USB, I have set the boot order to try everything before booting from the hard drive already in the laptop.

Is there anyway to make the laptop boot from the USB install media?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you make the drive with the Microsoft media creation tool?

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on the PC and repeatedly keep pressing ESC until startup menu appears, press F9 for boot menu, and do you see the Pendrive listed?

Try turning off secure boot.

Let me know,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you make the drive with the Microsoft media creation tool?

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on the PC and repeatedly keep pressing ESC until startup menu appears, press F9 for boot menu, and do you see the Pendrive listed?

Try turning off secure boot.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, it worked exactly as you said.

Thankyou

HP Recommended

I started installing windows from the USB onto the SSD and get to the second part of installation  "Getting files ready for installation" and a message then appears  "windows could not set the offline locale information Error code: 0x80000001" and the the installation is cancelled. 

I've searched the issue online and it says that it's due to a broken disk, however, I've used this disk to install other operating systems and used in other laptops too and it works fine in them.

I'm unsure what to do now, any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.