Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
J8X12UA#ABA 15-1039wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This might be a double post, but I don't care. I've wasted over 36 hours trying to get updates, but can't. After trying and trying, I can't download or install anything. Why? I have a BIOS and many drivers to update. How do I get them and install them? Is this the only place I can get them?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Danserz 

You didn't say specifically, but I presume you are trying to download from the HP product page, and my guess, is that you're making the mistake of using the default Win10 MS browser -- Edge -- which makes it difficult to do anything.

IF that is the case, then switch over to using something else -- like FireFox or Opera -- and you should then have no further problems downloading from the HP site.  I use both daily in Win10 and have no issues.

Also, and you didn't mention using this either -- the HP Support Assistant will do all this for you.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

No, in fact, I agree with you 100%. Edge, or IE in which I dumped years ago. I avoid using anything from ms. Also... I run Linux Mint and drop by windows once ina while. I use Chrome, but if you say I might be able to get the updates with firefox, I'll give it a try. I have no idea how that would make a difference but will try it.

Thanks, WA

HP Recommended

I gave Firefox a try and the same thing. Sorry for the big pix.

hp reject.pnghp reject1.pnghp reject2.png

HP Recommended

Is there any way I can dump all of the drivers and BIOS and start all over. Maybe from the Recovery partition? I'm out here in a lake and it's cold. send me a lifeline, please. This was a new system three weeks ago and the sped stinks, so I got an SSD and upgraded the ram to 16GB. No help at all for speed. This really sucks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.