Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP 250 G7 about 6 months ago, and when I tried to change my touchpad settings, they were nowhere to be found. When selecting the touchpad tab in the settings window, I am only given the option to change the touchpad sensitivity, with no "additional settings" option bellow it. If I choose the "additional settings" I have as an options on the right, I am taken to the mouse properties, again, with no touchpad options. I've just updated to driver version 19.5.35.26, for the Synaptics SMBus TouchPad, and see no change. 
I usually use an USB mouse, so it would be really helpful if the touchpad turned off when I plugged the USB mouse in, as it did with my previous laptop. Also, I've got issues with selecting text with my palm while typing.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We have exactly the same issue. Seems this model HP laptop has no feature for turning off the touchpad when typing, what a bummer!

HP Recommended

I doubt that it just can't be done, I hope it's just a software problem. There must be some way to do this, I can't focus on not selecting text and overwriting it while typing, I'd have to keep my hand in an uncomfortable position. 

Do you also have an issue with the fans? Mine just go mad one moment, and turn off the next. Sometimes they go 100% while not doing anything demanding, and then don't even turn on while playing a game or running a demanding program. Additionally, to me it looks like they can only be "off" or "on", so either 0% or 100%, with no setting in between. Although that could be a software issue as well. 

HP Recommended

I've done quite a thorough search of both the HP Help & Support section and also the Windows 10 Help & Support... there isn't any mention of any additional settings on this computer (HP), and the options shown for Windows 10 either do not appear on this machine, or they don't work (keystroke commands). I also tried downloading and installing the latest version of the driver from the HP site but at the onset of install it throws a message stating that the driver is not compatible with my version of Windows 10. I have Pro version, so perhaps that's the issue, dunno.

RE fans, I've been using a USB cooler that has it's own 4 fans (can run 2 or 4). So I would not have noticed this problem if it existed except when using it away from the desk where I do not use the cooler... but even then it does not seem to run the fans excessively on this machine. Once in while it will rev them up when I'm not doing anything intensive, but this can be caused by Windows or other programs downloading updates in the background etc.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I've been trying to solve the touchpad issue basically since I bought the device, but nothing seems to work. Posting here was my last option, and it seems this won't help either. 

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience, at least now I know that I'm not the only one facing this issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.